The mockups on http://mockups.upstream-university.org/, which are to be used as guidelines for design, are pretty self-explanatory. The designers have free reign to move layout elements around in each page - I'd love to see some creative (but usable) designs! The only restriction is that the elements specified on the mockups must be in there, somewhere.
As you will probably note, most pages are very similar, since we'll be using a CMS. As such, I need the designers to focus on the following:
* Page 1, Home: there must be emphasis on the top paragraph (under the menu). The two buttons under it ("The Course" and "Testimonials") must also be readily seen, as well and the box listing next sessions.
* Page 2a (generic), The Course: will serve as a generic content page, to be used also as the News Item page (as well as for Contact and Thank You), so please include HTML elements such as H1 through H4, UL and LI, an embedded video, and floating images.
* Page 2b (generic), Apply: It is a subset of the generic content page (The Course), but here you can see all the specific form element's we'll need.
* Page 2c (generic), About: Also a subset of the generic content page, but specifically composed of a couple of paragraphs (and titles), followed by a list of people each with a captioned picture and a short paragraph about them on the side. Will also be used for the Testimonials page.
* News / Events: both of these will use the same layout. They're composed of a list of items, possibly with thumbnails, each of which will have a "Read More" link to the actual news item.
* Tab menu: a dropdown for each tab must also be designed.
* Header: must contain a "Beta" banner, designed separately so it can be removed latter on.