This section concerns the HomePage (HP).Together with the succesfull selection of a new design we will move our website from our current domain http://www.afvallen-met-bootcamp.com to a new domain http://www.the-bootclub.com.
STRUCTURE & INTENT WEBSITE
The website is a two-column content driven web site based upon 3 tiers of pages. This structure allows content marketing to be our key method of acquisition.
Homepage (tier1), tier2 (hubs) and tier 3(the meat of content). The tier 2’s are divided in four main categories:
1. ‘Leefstijl & Calculatoren’ / Lifestyle & Calculators
2. ‘Pijlers Gezonde Leefstijl’ / Pillars Healthy lifestyle
3. ‘Fasen van Verandering ‘ / Stages of Change
4. ‘Dienstverlening’ / Services
The first three categories provide information/content and tips that should support any potential client in finding a new healthy lifestyle and are ultimately designed to lead to a sale (bootcamp, coaching, etc)
ELEMENTS In the homepage
1. Provide a quick solution to show the next upcoming bootcamp and / or any price deals with a Call To Action, located above the fold. This ‘What is Hot’ spot should be located modest and mostly assist returning visitors. Presell is the main objective of the homepage, not sales
2. We currently have a slider including quotes with experiences of former clients. We would like to maintain a slider but the layout or box of the slider can change.
3. Design should include a visually attractive header that has space for company name (See .png Attachment: The BootClub: Boost Your Lifestyle. The header should also contain the phrase: “Profesioneel advies, tools & oplossingen voor jouw gezonde leefstijl” which translates to “Profesional Advice, Tools & Solutions for your healthy lifestyle”.
4. The header should contain a visual elements/icons representing the three pillars: Mindset/Behavioural Change, Food & Sports
5. HP should give a clear idea of the navigation of the website
6. A vertical navbar on the left or right with the four categories of Tier 2 makes most sense. Each category will have several tier 2’s that can be accessed quickly.
7. A horizontal navbar with the items In Dutch: “Home”, “Nieuws”, “About”, “Diensten”, “FAQ”, “Contact”
8. Footer. How would you optimize it to represent info that visitor look for in this section?
9. Clear Call To Action: for all sales aspects of products and services, usable on different web pages.
10. Social media buttons (Facebook, Twitter, Google+), maybe Google search box
11. One of the idea’s behind the website is that we provide people with a toolbox of ‘tools’ as tips they can use to change their lifestyle. This idea should match the need for simplicity in a world that gets more complex. It would be great to have one or more cartoon icons/symbol representing a toolbox. What cool icon would fit?
DESIGN of the Homepage
1. We believe that presell with content is the foundation for our sales. The purpose of the homepage should be to match the problems of the client and introduce them in why this website can be of use and generate trust/ confidence that this company can actually help them.
2. Since our website is a content site, it should have a smooth background for the text articles (light grey, white), no wild colors
3. The two column design should naturally lead to a (simple) mobile version. The mobile version is not part of this assignment
4. Design should include a clear font type, color and size for a header and the content text. The font attachment shows which fonts we can use in our CMS. We run the website on a sitesell-server (www. http://www.sitesell.com).
5. SEO-wise it makes sense to make sure there is content (text) above the fold.