1. HOME PAGE
The home page is the most important part of the website, and will likely determine who wins this contest. We attempted a few mockups with annotations for your reference:
The home page should have:
* Our logo and mascot
-Logo text: http://www.dojo.com/dojo-text.png
* User area (in header??)
- user name, avatar, sign up/sign in buttons, including "sign in with FB"
- rank (XP points)
- messages (mail icon) / notifications
- favorites / bookmarks (heart icon?)
* Social links (our FB page, YouTube, etc)
* Fluid wall/grid of game thumbnails (variable grid size). Game wall will not be paginated, and will load more games as you scroll down. See here for a demo of the WIP game wall:
* Developer Dojo section (links to subsections of the site for sponsored game developers)
* Easy search. In addition to keyword searches, we want the search area to expand out to allow searching on categories or game features. Example of expanded search: A slider bar for "slow" vs "fast-paced" games.
* Social activities.
- Widgets for social elements, such as scoreboard leaders, popular discussion topics (each game page comes with a built-in forum), promoted contests, etc.
* Space for at least 3 ads of common IAB sizes.
2. GAME PAGE
Each thumbnail link on the home page leads to a separate game page. Game pages will feature the embedded game app (Flash or HTML5). They will also include:
* 2-3 banner ads
* Similar / recommended games
* Message board
* Leaderboard widget (10-20 scores max)
* Achievements/medals widget
* Game description / instructions
* Basic info about the game developer
* Optional mini chat applet (on side?)
3. LEADERBOARD PAGE
Each game page has a leaderboard widget, which is a quick snapshot of the high score leaders (10-20 score entries). We'd like a separate section that shows:
* More detailed view of leaders for ALL games (50+ rows per game, pagination, supplemental info on each score entry)
* Game info/description with link to game page.
* Any active contests (basically a placeholder DIV with an image, some text, and a link to find out more).
* Identical message board to that on the game page.