New Magento Home Page Design
B-driven sports is a sports and medical compression company specializing in compression arm sleeves among other sports related apparel and merchandise.
Our current site was design by the owner and has lots to desire regarding layout and visual professionalism. The Company has just finished a new Brand Identity Guide and is in the process of migrating from Shopify to Megento. The initial development of this site was based on a customizable theme with a masonry style layout. The owner is looking for a more professional layout, designed with clean and simple layout, yet stunning visual style that says… high tech, modern, sports medicine.
The project will be visual content design and layout. All coding is being done by a 3rd party so the entire goal of this project is to create visually stunning looking website with solid, clean layout.
The Final home page will include 7 main areas, each containing a varying number of rows/sections, each listed within this scope. While sounds like a lot, some of these banners/section will be text/icons or a combination, so these will involve minor graphical adjustment once the theme is set.
have provided and released a Dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ttn68xjn…RdqFa?dl=0 will have the following content:
• Brand identity Guide
• Brand Identity content, logos, text, etc.
• A variety of product images
• A variety of product model photography (although it’s not great).
o Stock imagery may be better suited and provide a better overall look. As a separate project, the contest winner may need to superimpose product the stock imagery.
• Past banners we have used.
o This is provided only as a guide and reference to things we have done. Designer may use content components of these, but should NOT use these banner designs or imitate their design as we don’t like their style and they lack brand identity and our new vision of being high-tech, sports medicine, modern”
• There is a file called Megento Draft design. It shows the current Megento design from the theme, which we do not like and this new design will replace.
Please note that the header / footer is not part of this project.
Below is the list of banners / links/ sections which need to be created. They are listed in order of importance and their location shall be considered with this point.
1. Hero Banner (slide 1)
a. A banner representing focus on the New Brand Identity, logo, image.
2. Banner Identifying current Sales events
a. This will be a static banner which will link to a “Page identifying all current sales”
3. The main category of products we sell are compression arm sleeves. We currently sell 3 different types of sleeves. Athletic Compression Sleeves, Enhanced compression sleeves, and Titanium Compression Sleeves. We will be adding two more types; UV Compression Sleeves and Padded sleeves this fall. Ideally, we would like the home page design to group these three types of sleeves into the design as a main category ‘Arm sleeves” yet designing the area to essentially separate them and allow for a short description (100 characters) along with 5 bullet points to highlight the specific advantages. Each bullet point would be (40 characters or less). The goal is for customer to essentially compare the benefits of each sleeve, then click on the sleeve which is more suitable for their use.
Words to describe how we want this area to look “modern, High tech, scientific, sports, medical”
The button on each of these three items would link to the product category page. So the ultimate goal is to not only be a product category link, but also a brief comparison to educate the customer of the main benefits of each.
It is preferred that this group is designed in a way that it will be easy to add the new UV sleeves, Padded Sleeves, when they become available
4. The next most import product is our compression socks and calf sleeves; This product category Banner should allow for a short description (100 characters) along with 5 bullet points to highlight the specific advantages of the socks. The calf sleeves are a minor sub-category, so whole we need to mention it, we do not need any description or bullet points for them.
5. Then we need a group of similar sized banners for our other remaining product categories.
b. Wood bats and batting gloves
c. Eye black / Face Paint
d. Compression Leggings and Shirts
6. The remaining section should include links/banners for customers to link to the following:
a. Easy Exchanges / Returns and our 100% satisfaction Guarantee
b. Join our VIP Newsletter for special deals and discounts
c. Team / League / Event / Wholesale Orders
7. Somewhere on the homes page we would like a banner that is title Compression Science, learn more about compression benefits. This should be a banner that has a “high-tech – sports medicine” technical look. It will link to a page with video and technical specifications further explaining the benefits of our all our compression products. Perhaps a video play button would be a good idea to increase conversion of this link.
8. We would also like to include testimonials through the home page.
If you go to the current shopify site http://www.bdrivensports.com you will see how the current design of the site is very basic and lacks cohesiveness and an over brand identity.
In the project files, we have included a preliminary design based on a theme layout. “Megento draft design”. However, we are not happy with the look and feel, and do not like the masonry look, as we feel it makes the site look busy and confusing.
Please pay close attention to typography, and utilize the Brand Identity Guide. Typography is extremely important to the final visual look and feel and is an extreme weakness in both our current website and the draft Megento design.
Please use actual text for main headings, however feel free to use “loren Ipum for sub-text areas. The actual content will be provided as a final step.