1. Billboard type signs need to be fairly simple. Viewers will be passing this at 55-65 mph on a freeway and won't have much time to read.
2. Our primary logo is attached but you don't have to use it. Our colors are black, red and silver / diamond plate aluminum. We also have a logo badge for the fabrication part of the business that is attached but you don't have to use it.
3. We have had difficulty in communicating that we do commercial work trucks. The public's perception of us has primarily been for restyled personal trucks.
4. Need to communicate both work (professional) and play (fun). To clarify what we are trying to communicate, here are categories: Rough (offroad), Tough (work), Fun Stuff (play).
5. The cartoon we have used in the past is also attached but you don't have to use it. We have it on a window in the store and have also used it on T-shirts.
6. Photos of both sides of the current billboard are attached. As you can see, our sign also competes with a giant billboard that is also located on our property.
7. Our store sets back away from the freeway frontage road thus we need the arrow. If you have an idea for improving the arrow let us know. The arrow is 30 foot long by 2 foot tall.
8. Don't submit a design on a billboard background. We already know it is going on a billboard. Just show us the art copy.
9. Keep the message simple. Too many varying colors will distract from a readable message.
10. There are thousands of vehicles passing each day so we are looking for something eye catching and memorable.
11. Our logo and our tag line have dominated the sign for 3 years. Now we are looking for something entirely new.
12. It is possible that we could utilize 2 designs, one for each side.