We need six awesome new labels for our men’s shaving products. We need a more stylish and modern look while still being recognizable to our customers. Designers are asked to come up with new branding: a new logo and new brand colors.
We have two consistent variants among our six different products.
Sensitive Skin = unscented
Moisturizing = light lime and spearmint essential oils
1) Shaving Cream – Sensitive Skin
2) Shaving Cream – Moisturizing
3) After Shave Balm – Sensitive Skin:
4) After Shave Balm – Moisturizing
5) Face Scrub – Sensitive Skin
6) Face Scrub – Moisturizing
The labels should be easily distinguishable vs. 1) themselves and 2) our competition.
1) Distinguishing labels vs. themselves: This is especially important for the After Shave Balm and the Face Scrub which will be in similar sized tubes.
2) Distinguishing labels vs. competition: The majority of our competition is in black or very dark packaging (see attached Competition Overview.pptx. We’re looking for colors that will let us stand out while still appearing masculine.
We’ve named our typical customer Justin. Justin is a man aged 25-45 who currently buys natural products at chains like Whole Foods and online. Justin cares more than the average guy about the way he looks but you wouldn’t consider Justin a full-fledged metrosexual. Justin has sensitive skin on his face and neck and takes extra care while shaving to avoid irritation and redness (razor burn).
We are changing our packaging from a bottle to a tube (please see attached New Tube Packaging.pptx). The text for the labels must be in English and French. Text for the front and back has been supplied in both languages as a starting point. Designers are encouraged to make changes to the text on the front and back panels.
We need our six new labels designed around our new brand footprint (see the attached Brand Footprint.pptx). Naturally Dapper’s core values are style, health and responsibility and our main difference from our competition is that our products are designed specifically for guys with sensitive skin.