We’ve provided as many files as we could to help you with the creative process. Images, photos, PSDs of our current other packages are ALL INCLUDED. Please see the link:
The project is to design a new smaller package for Pinblock "Starter Pack". The package has to be appealing to all ages and genders (meaning it can’t be a stereotypical children’s toy package and it can’t have flowers and pink colors all over the place which would make it too gender specific). Our main target is indeed boys ages 7+ however many adults have found great interest in the item as well. For example, EDM lovers build neon bracelets for themselves, teachers use Pinblock as a counting tool for kinder garden and as a modeling tool for High School science classes.
As you can see, the creative challenge and genius of this package would be to convey the possibilities of Pinblock while still having a stylish look.
What I would do, start thinking about the design in terms of making it for a 12 year old boy but then ask myself continuously: if I was a girl would I think this is attractive? If I was looking for a cool toy for myself as an adult, would I pick this up?
Size: 165mm x 220mm x 35mm
Colors included: Black, White, Yellow, Green , Blue, Light Blue and Gold.
Pieces amount: 400 pieces
Manual: Build a plane
Other things you can build: Cell Phone stand, Pixel art earth, and a watch.
Has to include:
1) Show the 7 colors that will be included in the box.
2) Show the three categories of possibilities, Build, Design, Create and examples for each (Plane and a cell phone stand for Build, Watch for Design, and the Pixel Earth for Create)
3) Relay the uniqueness of the product – Only one piece, Bends and Turns, Unlimited possibilities.
4) Has to be obvious that it’s a toy
5) Show that it has 400 pieces
6) Has to appeal to both adults And children (children is the primary focus, 7+ boys AND girls)
Would be nice to include:
1) A clear window somewhere to show the insides. Doesn’t have to be big. The only location for this to logistically work is front of the package, somewhere in the middle.
2) Be on the light/ white/ happy side of the color spectrum. (Black mockup that is included is a relatively sleek design but would not attract girls.) Our packages thus far seem to be on a darker side so we would really like to see a lighter design.
3) Space for legal necessities are included in the Dropbox link provided. Original ideas don’t have to have them, but we would ask that to be included in the final design. If you’re planning on making it to the top, it would make your life easier to plan accordingly.