Machu was amazing on this project. He exemplified great creativity, character, and collaboration. All this while having an injury... he did not let that stop him. Amazing designer!
How Editor14 started their other book or magazine journey
Who are you known as?
OTTAWA OUTDOORS & TRAVEL MAGAZINE
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We are primarily an outdoors magazine for the region of Ottawa, Canada. Many articles cover such seasonal sports as hiking, biking, paddling, camping, snowshoeing, xc-skiing, etc. We are expanding in a way in that in addition to the entire magazine being about the OUTDOORS, we want to have departments within the magazine to include: TRAVEL, FAMILY, and HOME.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
I'm looking for magazine re-design ideas which would address:
- a family of fonts for the hed, subhed and byline
- how to display new inner-departments (Travel, Home, Family)
- three-column spread
- magazine is 10.875" tall x 8.375" wide
- designed in InDesign CS3 (Mac)
- I'd like some ideas for unique sidebars occasionally, with small post-it-like notes
- I'd like to see approximately 8-pages on how you would propose the magazine would look, including outdoors photos and spots for ads (no 1/4pg ads, only 1/3rd page, 1/6th page, 1/2pg and full-page).