We need a head-turning design for an health-meet-retail app --- with a gamification twist. Launching this Fall.
Our strategic goals with our app is to:
- help us establish a strong brand identity
- be conversational in our tone and choice of words, put the user at the center
- cultivate credibility in the health/wellness sector
- demonstrate value
Our personality is:
- mass appeal (WT is for everybody, not just athletes)
- playful (it's fun getting outside, walk to new places and meet new faces)
- rebel (we're a health/wellness disruptor)
- urban & retail oriented (by design)
- movement (by design)
PLEASE, have a look at the provided files. Some of them are giving cues on the artistic direction we're targeting for.
We're in the wellness, everyday life, leisure walking business. Not into the fitness/cardio, competitive, brace-yourself-for-a-challenge side of things.
You may refer to our website for more explanation on what we do: https://walk.today (site is to be upgraded soon and is in NO WAY an artistic direction)
The winning designer will earn additional 1-to-1 contract to design all the missing screens and states not presented in the current design brief.
Sneaker design is OUT-OF-SCOPE. Simply provide basic placeholders. Another contest will be run just for sneaker design.
HIGH LEVEL CONCEPT
SELECT AN ACTIVITY => WALK => ACHIEVE GOAL => GET REWARDED IN STORE
- A player can select up to 3 activities
- Player can follow its activity progress towards completion on a "dashboard"
- Dashboard exist in a minimized format so player may browse additional activites or its wallet while still keeping an eye on the most immediate activity/reward he's currently doing
- Activity browser simply presents up to 20 activities to choose from
- Wallet simply list everything the player have earned so far: both real-life rewards and sneakers
- Up to 3 sneakers can be equipped on a single activity, boosting the step count and/or other effects
- Once equipped, a sneaker disappear from the wallet (so it is used only once)
- Once claimed, a reward disappear from the wallet (so it is claimed only once)
- In the wallet view, a reward can be expanded to reveal more details and show the claim CTA
- In the wallet view, a sneaker can be expanded to reveal a bigger version of the sneaker image, full description of its efffect, and some funny quote
- A sneaker is equipped from an activity and not the other way around. (There are no mechanism to select an activity from the sneaker detail view.)
Examples of activity and associated reward offered on Walk Today:
- Walk 5K steps today and earn a free premium coffee @ local coffee shop
- Walk 50K steps this week and earn an exclusive t-shirt from a local retailer
- Walk 200K this month and earn a free night at a countryside inn
Examples of sneakers:
- Common: "Worn-out Sneakers": => one-time 500 extra steps applied towards completion
- Rare: "Silver lining running shoes" => go faster, additional 10% foot steps (each step account for 110% of normal value)
- Legendary: "Mercury the Winged Messenger" => remaining steps are down to 1. Make only 1 additional step and activity is completed! Tadam!