The West Kootenay District does the following work:
- Maintains and Operates the Highway System
- Our district has 5 ferries....one of them being the longest free ferry in the world
- Our district is in the mountainous interior of British Columbia
- We have the highest highway pass in BC - The Kootenay Pass at 1783m
- We are a "family" of roughly 30 employees
Our logo will be used internally......and it's primary purpuse is to inspire and make the district team feel proud of where we work and the work we do.
We are a diverse team...men, women, young and old.
We like ot have fun....but we take our work seriously and pride ourselves on great customer service to the public and our stakeholders
We are consistently nominated as a "top work place" in the BC Public Service.
We would like the logo to include our name - "West Kootenay District"
We are looking for a "Gadge of honour", perhaps like a crest --- something that is timeless and people are proud to wear --- litereally --- (hats, shirts, mugs, etc.)
Please do your research on our geographic area....