How Kirk Bushell started their logo design journey
Am after a logo design for a web-based game currently in development. The logo has to look semi-industrial, as it represents a game that is surrounded by a steampunk-like universe.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We need a logo designed that is both great to look at, involves industrial and steampunk elements, as well as oozing "power". The game makes use of a power called Magik (yes, very original, we know). This Magik is controlled by various characters whom use this to control the mechs. As such, the mechs will have this design element "leaking/showing" from them at certain joins, engines.etc. We want this to also be reflected int he logo design, but not overpowering. The successful applicant may also be contacted to also produce the web design for the game.
- A logo
- Must contain the word "Battlerig" or "Battlerigs". Obviously entries that contain both versions will be favoured over those that don't.
- It must contain elements of steampunk based design
- It must look partly industrial. Think the industrial revolution, as this is the rough timeframe the game is set in.
- It must look like a game logo. No corporate designs.
- We're thinking capital letters would look best, but we're always willing to be proven wrong
- The logo may contain iconic figures (ie. a symbol of a mech may be okay, but we're not sure)
- At least some of the logo should look worn, as the game is set in the past
- Winner must provide the image in photoshop or illustrator format (PSD, AI.etc.)
- No pinks, purples or reds to be used. Try and stick to industrial colours. Metallic colours, possibly the use of orange/yellow (depending on how it's used) and various wear and tear.
- Any ripoffs. If the logo looks too similar to something else,the entry will not be selected.
- "Soft texts". Very rounded texts we do not believe will work, but again we're willing to be proven wrong.