Vegas 2017 Creative Brief
I represent a group of men who have been close friends for over two decades. This fraternity of manly awesomeness visits Las Vegas annually for a celebration of compassion, creativity, and the readily available catalog of sins. I’m not a business, I’m just a guy who loves his friends.
Vegas is a place where men have fun. A lot of fun! Our group is experienced in Vegas fun, and we look forward to the trip all year long. We’ve fallen into some predictable patterns. We stay at the Palazzo, eat at Delmonico Steakhouse, and go to strip clubs. We watch sports and bet on sports. We gamble at poker tables, slots machines, and craps tables. We have breakfast outside and float around in the pool. We go out drinking and smoke cigars. We rent Ferraris and drive them in the desert. We hike Red Rock Canyon. We see edgy shows.
But the trip is about more than just having fun. The trip is about something bigger, something deeper, something more important. Being a man is difficult. There are things that men don’t talk about. Men have feelings that can’t be easily expressed in words. What does it mean to be a man? Does it mean being self-sufficient, free, and independent? Does it mean being with many women or does it mean committing yourself to one woman? Does it mean getting married and raising children? Does it mean earning lots of money, running marathons, and lifting heavy weights? Does it mean reading contemporary fiction, traveling alone, and writing in a journal? Does it mean driving a sports car, drinking whiskey, and smoking cigars? And who decides? Is each man allowed to choose his own path? Will he still be respected among his peers? We have every example of men on our trip. We have single men, men with girlfriends, men who are married, and men who have been divorced. We have men without children and men with children. We have men with a lot of money and men with less money. We have men who lift weights and men who are gaining weight.
There’s a spiritual element to this. A connection. But we don’t talk about it. And we don’t need to. Pass the whiskey, brother.
Ok, enough of all that serious stuff. Let’s have some fun! It’s time to summon the team. To our brothers of different backgrounds, desires, and dreams --- we are sounding the call --- our trip awaits! We need a logo for 2017. Thank you.
1. The name of our logo is Vegas 2017. We’ve gone to Vegas every year for six years.
2. We started hiring artists to make logos in 2015. Our Vegas 2015 logo and our Vegas 2016 logo are shown in the pictures. Feel free to use these logos as inspiration. Also, feel free to ignore these logos and develop something completely new and original.
3. Our trip is timeless and immortal, so the winning design will be classic, with an optional modern twist.
4. We are open to tagline suggestions and/or incorporating a tagline into the logo, but it is not necessary or required.
5. The logo should simultaneously express masculine camaraderie and the inherent excitement of Las Vegas.
1. We are seeking a logo of the highest quality to be used on all communications and physical items for our upcoming trip titled Vegas 2017. We will put this logo on shot glasses, playing cards, Zippo lighters, shirts, business cards, tattoos, and anything else that we think of.
2. The logo should be delivered in its original electronic format, such as Adobe Illustrator, and a convenient widely used format, such as png or jpeg.
3. The logo should be created using vector graphics or other techniques that can be scaled to large sizes with no loss in quality.
4. The names of the fonts used and the numerical values of the key colors used should be provided in the logo documentation.
5. Several versions of the logo should be delivered: black & white, greyscale, and full color, along with the inverse of each version.