How fdschoeneman started their logo design journey
PonyProof makes insurance suck less for small businesses. We need a sweet new logo and an icon before we launch.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Our users are construction companies and insurance agents. Subcontractors will use PonyProof to prove they're insured; general contractors will use PonyProof to track their subcontractors insurance documents; and insurance agents will use PonyProof to minimize fraud and keep the trains running on time. Our critical need at this point is for a new PonyProof logo and an icon. You might try to work a horse/pony in there, or not. Another thing might be to use a cowboy pumping his fist, or a construction worker pumping his fist in the air. Or just a stylized P or PP.
- We want people to use PonyProof in a sentence the same way people use Google in a sentence -- i.e. "Can you send me PonyProof?" -- which means that PonyProof must be emphasized above everything else.
- We can't figure out if having a pony in there will be cheesy or not. If you put a pony in there, think Mustang, Ferrari, or Porsche style ponies rather than "My Little Pony." It can be a full pony or just a pony head.
- Another option instead of a pony is to create a fist or a stylized construction worker, or a stylized cowboy, pumping his fist, sort of like the dude with the briefcase in the "My Posse is on Wall Street" t-shirt here: http://awurl.com/zajqok77744#first_…_highlight
- We have a mild preference for strong colors. If you have a color other than this, and think it's worth a try, go for it.
- Nothing too cute. Remember that our target users are construction workers, who work with their hands building shit all day long.
- No pastel colors, please. Have we mentioned the audience is construction workers?
- No references to "The Godfather," or bloody horse heads, please. Insurance agents have to interact with the site, after all.