We've already made a project for logo design for GameWatcher on another design contest site and we didn't ended up using the winning sample. So we've already spent money and didn't ended up much closer to what we need.
Sample of the winning unused contest entry was attached.
What we don't like about it is:
1. It looks a bit too simple
2. Looks a bit ancient while we need a more modern look
3. Looks like an eyebrow and kind of a feminine one at that, and that's a missed theme
Sample without the logo symbol was attached as well. Please keep a note of several things:
- in the attached sample, you will see GAME WATCHER logo text bit. We like the way that text/font style looks. So probably that text work could be left untouched. But if you have a better idea for it, that would fit the site design better, please do try it.
- The position of the symbol vs the text title should be left/right
- it is more important for the logo to look good on the site design then it is for it to look good on its own. Please make sure you're designing it for the site itself
I've uploaded a PSD. It would be ideal if you are able to provide the design samples overlayed over the actual site design? So I can have a clear picture of how each one fits with the design, right here on 99designs.
If you could send your samples with the logo incorporated in the provided site design sample, that would be ideal!
We are making this a platinum project and we do want to see what your best hand picked designers can do here :)
Thank you and looking forward to seeing the samples!
[EDIT] would be great to see a sample of symbol with Halo styling: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Halo+Symbols&espv=210&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=mKBzUsv7C6fU0QW39YD4Cg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=955 Keep a note though please that Halo is a console game and our site is PC only, so it must not be an obvious Halo style clone :) so just such to try to use such styling for a sample