**UPDATED JANUARY 22 AT 1PM (NEW YORK) – THIS HAS BEEN CHANGED, SO PLEASE RE-READ**
*******ABOUT US – WHAT IS "LET'S MEDITATE":
We organize group meditation events free of charge in various cities around the world, offering guided meditations and peaceful live music. Our events present a nice escape from the hustle and bustle of city life to have a profound experience of peace and inner joy. Meditating at home can be difficult and lonely, but meditating with a group is more inspiring.
Our goal is to create an environment where people can come together to experience stillness of mind and inner peace. The comfortable atmosphere allows people to sit back, relax and go on a journey deep within.
Hip and dynamic 18-35 year olds, free-spirited individuals who are searching for a deeper, peaceful experience within themselves.
********WHAT WE WOULD LIKE THE LOGO TO FEEL LIKE:
Professional feel, but not corporate. A simple font is good -- it needs to be readable from a distance. For examples of logos we found "clever" and creative see these examples, which also indicates how we seek simplicity and beauty of design:
*******PLEASE AVOID THESE DESIGN ELEMENTS:
- No rehashed clipart. We received way too much of this in the initial round, and we would like to see something that feels fresh and new.
- No characters that are too cartoonish. We tried this in the initial round but when it went to the polls, people didn’t like it. Instead they like simplicity.
- No use of the peace sign/symbol or the peace dove.
- No mandalas or circle designs merely putting meditating figures in a circle.
- Do not use hatha yoga poses (other than a meditative pose, but nothing too complicated going on with their fingers/hands). Please no standing or stretching poses of any kind, and no arms in the air or stretching out to the side. Better to place hands on knees or in lap.
- Do not use the "valentine heart" symbol. The spiritual heart/chakra is more of a subtle "energy" or "resonance" or "light". If you can convey this it would be nice, but it is not necessarily a requirement.
- No "sexy" female images.
- No couples meditating. It ends up looking like a romantic couple, and we don’t want to give the impression that this is a dating service.
- No heavy browns or black colors. We tend to prefer cooler colors but we are happy to be surprised with something else. But cooler colors do not mean washed out colors, or all pastels. The colors tend to be better if they are vibrant and stand out.
*******NOT TOO ABSTRACT:
We received a lot of beautiful abstract logo submissions, however many were too abstract. We would like to see designs that are more obvious in their symbolism. When you submit your design, you shouldn’t have to explain what your logo means – anyone should be able to understand it.
Good luck and we look forward to your creative designs!