Great design. Got it right the first time. Very creative and different.
We appreciate the Designer's professional opinions and his unique creativity.
- elia ali
Nice Design, we really like it.
How mamcintee started their logo design journey
Who are you known as?
Briarwood Golf Club and the initials BGC
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
The current name is Briarwood Club of Ankeny. The name has been change to Briarwood Golf Club. It is a private Golf Club that is affordable, relaxed, fun and not pretentious like some of the competition. It is a very social club with a robust social program where members
include bring their families. The membership is young is both men and women in the age range of 25-40. http://briarwoodclubofankeny.com/vi….aspx?id=1
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
What colors do you want to see in your design?
To give us an idea of the overall feeling of your brand, let us know which styles you lean towards
Current Logo Recap:
The current logo does not accurate represent the club (see below). It says nothing about golf and is confusing. It is perceived negatively by the members reminding them of the dark days of the club.
New Logo Requirements:
- The full name of the club (Briarwood Golf Club) and the initials (BGC) should be part of the logo
- The logo should be modular in design so that a portion of it may be printed instead of the entire logo. This modular concept will enable us to print it on merchandise when space is an issue. Plus, this modular concept will still enable us to keep the brand message in tact.
- design is easy to reproduce when printed on a golf ball, so bold design elements are necessary. Miniscule design elements are difficult to reproduce effectively on merchandise.
- traditional in design
- Indicates golf club
- proud to be worn on clothing
- No more than three colors
We aspire the logo to be similar to the old logo of Golf Club of Scottsdale (this logo is no longer used and this club has been renamed). We need bright colors not the muted colors such as that of the Golf Club of Scottsdale.
Local clubs which are considererd competitors. The primary competition includes Otter Creek and Ankeny Country Club . Other clubs in the area include: DesMoines Country Club (the big dog, old, old money goes to this club), Glen Oaks, Echo Valley, Hyperion Field Club, Talons of Tuscany. I was able to copy some of these logos from their web sites-listed below.