Most recent brief:
Relaunching a brief for this contest as it has been on hold for several months....
Apologies to all artists who have been waiting for a response to this contest and their designs. Initially, some of my favorite designers were banned from the website and it made me quite sad to hear that some of my favorite designs were copied from elsewhere and that I wouldn't be able to use a design I spent time developing. Nevertheless, I have decided to move forward as there is great work presented in the submissions of this contest, and believe we will come out with a nice result.
I am considering different elements:
- creative and bold use of simple shapes forming a unique design
- creative and bold use of flat coloured shading (can be used to bring a 3D element to the logo)
- use of negative space
- use of a "mascot" (open to ideas)
What not to do:
- I will not be going with the design of a simple die unless you make it AWESOME!
- I will not be going with the a design that simply includes "SD" without elements that feel specific to the company, what we plan to do, or our brand.
- please avoid fine lines or small details as they are difficult to sell when the logo is very small - unless you can present 2 versions (a larger and smaller more concise version) and make it creative and presentable in this size, of course!
- I will not be able to use any designs incorporating pac-man for copyright reasons
Presenting your work:
- I appreciate seeing the logo in different sizes, a black and white version of the logo, and a coloured version (see information on following color combinations).
Color Combinations (see color info below):
- greyscale: the logo must be able to be clear when there are no colors
- one black/blue OR black/pink OR black/teal version
- one grey/light blue/light green/light pink version (no gradients with these colors blended together as it looks muddy)
- I like elements of color in the "Silver Dice" text
- I like it when elements of the logo and text align in some way
- I prefer sans serif type fonts with clean, minimalist, or modern designs
- I like it when the font is all capitals, all "small" capitals, or all minuscule (as long as it is consistent and letters align)
Our games are inspired by simple, interactive, and competitive designs to bring forward our reason for enjoying games at all - to entertain and immerse ourselves in engaging and challenging experiences. Our talented team is working hard to bring our vision of creating a one of a kind gaming experience by revisiting classic games in an online, competitive, and social environment.
Classic games such as brick breaker, tetris, snake, match 4. Can include board game, AR/VR, or console elements. I generally like designs that incorporate different elements that are recognizable if you look closely but that are still simple in a way that even someone without an art degree can attempt to draw it. Including dice elements would be good, whether it includes dots or the die itself, etc.
Gradients in the colors can work though I feel a version with solid colors is important for print purposes. I like it when logos are shaded with a flat color to look 3 dimensional.