The Sacramento Kings released a new branding campaign on 4/26/2016 that incorporates new logos, typeface, and color schemes. SacKings.com would like to align its new branding campaign with that of the team. We have included all designs released by the team and official color pallets for consideration and inspiration in your design. While you cannot “copy” all elements of the team logo, certain items may be incorporated in your design to give the appearance of a “sixth logo” to the series released by the team.
Other items to consider:
- Incorporate the typeface from the official team logo.
- Keep the logo design clean with a smooth modern look.
- Keep the look and feel in line with the provided team branding styles.
- Site name and graphics should be in balance with each other.
- Logo should be easy to read whether large or small.
- Logo should work on both light and dark backgrounds.
- purple on grey and grey on purple do not work. Those colors need to be seprated by white, or black in certain situations.
- No more, and no less than 3 colors in the logo
- Logo should be centered, but not necessarily symmetrical.
- Logo should be a crest or badge style
Below is an excerpt from the team press release on the new branding to provide you with more background on the meanings behind the design. These meanings can be incorporated into your work.
"The new primary emblem is inspired by the Kings classic logo. It is reimagined to reflect the civic and franchise pride that has lasted and grown for a generation. Now, with a clean, modern look – a reshaped crown, refined basketball and new typeface that puts Sacramento front and center – the new identity draws from the team’s ambitious beginnings and reminds our region and the world that Sacramento is undergoing a transformation."
"Each of the team’s new insignia are designed to connect to the elements that define the Sacramento Kings: Our City. Our Pride. Our Foundation. The secondary logo featuring the lion, pays tribute to the unmatched pride and loyalty of the NBA’s best fans. The “Sac” badge is dedicated to the bold and unwavering devotion the Kings organization has for its city. A new crown logo reflects the rich tradition of the team dating back to its origins, reminding the fan base and the community of Sacramento that, we are all Kings. The heralding lion crest represents leadership and strength and will be used as the Kings work to make basketball the premier global sport of the 21st century."
A recent article further detailing the evolution and design planning of the current team branding can be found at http://www.nba.com/kings/blog/makin…-new-logos as it may further provide background on concepts. The idea of the lion representing the fans strikes a chord with us as this contest is all about designing a new brand for a fan site.