I’m adding additional notes based on conversation I have had been having with designers as this will help everyone.
1. Including literal musical or sports references in the logo icon is not working well (for example, Pickleball paddle, ball or musical notes)
2. Abstract icons are working better. So, you can derive the icon from something concrete, but please make them abstract so it is not obvious what they actually are
3. Boxy or very angular icons are not working well. Icons that have a flow will work better
4. Upper case type for brand name is not working well. I would suggest using lower case type.
5. Reminder to use a modern and sporty type for brand name. Plain or transitional type is not working
6. Please present logo icon and name in single color. You can present different colors, but please don’t use more than one color in one design.
There are 3 components of the logo.
1. Primary brand name logo type -- "beethoven" in type that can be used independently or with other logo components. We envision the primary brand to in be lower case, however, other ideas are welcome.
2. A graphical component (like Nike's swoosh) that can be used independently or with other components. One of the ideas was to incorporate a musical note or a symbol with "b" (first letter of brand), and/or a sports/play/active symbol. These are just ideas, other ideas are welcome. In the end, the symbol should be simple (like Nike's swoosh), and not busy and complicated.
3. A sub-brand type that can be used in conjunction of the logo. For example, FIT, FIRE, AIR are some of the sub brands (product names). This is similar to Apple WATCH, or Apple IPHONE, where "Apple" is the primary brand and "WATCH" is the sub brand. The sub brand will used on, for instance, a Pickleball Paddle, where we envision sub brand to dominate the face of the Paddle (or packaging), with the primary brand (beethoven) in smaller type. We envision the sub brand to be all caps, however, other ideas are welcome.
Sample images of Pickleball Paddles on Google: