Overall, it is a game where you go to adventure looking for a treasure on a tropical volcanic island (like the ones you may find in Indonesia).
The needed Illustration would be used for the background of all the app screens (on top of it, it is going to be some semi-transparent user interface like buttons and labels). So it is a very key one which will be important for the success or not of the app.
Except Won screen, all the screens are sharing the same background image with the following items:
• Tropical island in Indonesia, adventure, long sinuous sand road/path going up to a Volcano, jungle, sea, daylight, road to follow, houses (pictures below)
Another consideration is the weather. The real need is not 1 illustration but 4 different ones (1 paid with that project and 3 paid out later). Indeed, the game has 4 difficulties mode which are represented by different weather:
1. Beginner: sun, blue sky and some animals like butterflies, gecko & turtles. Volcano is sleeping. Yellow color dominance with sand and sun.
2. Intermediate: Same but with rain & wind instead of sun, and more dangerous animals: parrot, snake & orang utan. Trees are cut and curved, or even with their trunk down. Sand becomes mud, dirt road, more vegetation (green color dominance). Volcano first smoke
3. Advanced: Same but with tsunami instead of quiet sea + lightning bolt, and even more dangerous animals: bat, crocrodile & tiger. Sand becomes water (blue color dominance). Volcano heavier smoke.
4. Expert: Same but with an active volcano instead of sun, and even more dangerous animals: javan hawk eagle, komodo dragon, rhinoceros. Sand becomes lava (red color dominance)
So let’s start with the beginner one and most probably quick drafts of the other weather versions would be asked on the final stage to see how the different versions may look.
On top of that, daylight is simulated through another layout where you go from white to black. It does mean that ideally, illustrations need bright colors as they will go down progressively via the night falling down.
No reference to any point of time, so not having a smartphone or a plane into the scene.