The illustration should be similar but not an exact replica of the actual cup (see the image associated with this brief.)
Areas where you have creative freedom:
1) The soccer ball. It doesn't have to be purple. It can/should be easily defined as a soccer ball whether the image is full color or black/white.
2) The level of definition in the trophy itself. It doesn't need to have all of the intricate designs on the arms.
3) The "F" on the trophy. You can also leave the logo off the trophy if you choose or you can add it to the design. You can also add the logo (attached to this brief) to the base of the trophy if you prefer. Please don't put the logo on the trophy itself. (This is an update to this brief)
4) You have freedom in the colors. The logo colors are on the branding sheet if you choose to use specific colors associated with the logo.
5) The design is going to be used on a lot of branding materials and should be distinguishable if black/white as well as color.
6) You should leave off all of the current writing on the base of the trophy.
7) You may add extra elements, background effects, or other improvements that you believe add to the quality of the design.
8) Optional but will earn you serious bonus points. The two teams that compete for the Fincke Cup have a jaguar and a rattlesnake as their mascots. Try to incorporate those animals, one into each arm of the cup.