Please submit original works. Please disclose if stock clip art is used. 2-5 designs will be selected with a very good potential for ongoing collaboration on an extended product line! After the contest, we can also discuss what your normal rates are. I want your best work!
Think about the great expeditions in history. Lewis & Clark, Sir Edmond Hillary and Everest, Christopher Columbus, Roald Amundsen
- or camping and hiking trips
Stamp with company name + emblem or design. Also, include: "1st edition" and a number. (The specific number isn't important right now, #1 will just be the first released by the company).
1. I would prefer an illustration of a natural landscape or see the #10 listing below.
2. Choose one or multiple: Mountains, tall evergreens, rocky features, lakes, waterfalls, rivers, ice caps, glaciers, alps, rocky mountains, or snowy scenes. Even a beautiful European ski town! I love their architecture.
3. All the posters below have people, cars or animals in the design. Something to draw you in.
4. I love "warm" illustrations that don't look like a photograph. Think Thomas Kinkade but more similar to these posters.
5. I have narrowed down the posters below to my favorites. I've also included a few illustrations that caught my eye.
6. I'm a big fan of the U.S. National Parks and the Alps
7. Non primary colors, closer to pastel, earth tones (blue, green, gray, red, white, brown) as the main colors.
8. For fonts, I really like sophisticated retro fonts that are faded, old, vintage, rustic looking. This is a premium brand at a reasonable price. Luxurious fonts!!
9. Submit some with and without a border. Some that take up the whole mug and others that are framed or just a graphic.
10. I'd also like a mug like the "Camping mountain hiking" poster shown after the national park posters (with the tent, knife, bag, animals, etc). With the individual items used for camping and hiking. I LOVE the colors used. Maybe someone could illustrate their own version of these items and place them around a cup.
Slogans: Not a requirement to use and open to others as well.
Let's find some beautiful place to get lost
Wander without purpose or reason
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a tent
Collect moments not things
My heart lies in the woods
I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list
Hike more, worry less
If a tree falls in the woods, be there to hear it
And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul
Not all that wander are lost
Let's camp out under the stars
Tip: I may use the "X" in Xpedition Gear as a marketing tool.
I can't wait to see what you come up with!!