The following is a short description of the book:
Exceptionally different than the books written by attorneys or former insurance company employees, this book is written by an injured person who won more than a quarter-million dollars. Whether you file your own claim, accept or negotiate a settlement, or hire an attorney, reading this book will enable you to make informed decisions and maximize the money you receive.
For those who haven’t had an accident, this book includes a book-within-the-book chronicling the despicable actions insurance companies inflicted on their own customer (this section reads like fiction, but is true), while also guiding you in choosing the right insurance company before an accident occurs. With clarity and insight, the book helps you look beyond the companies with massive advertising budgets and find an insurance provider that stands behind their promise to provide insurance. A promise that is empty in the current environment where insurance companies are exempt from antitrust laws and focused on maximizing corporate profits.
The book is a remarkable “how to” guide for maximizing the monetary compensation you will receive from an insurance company following an accident involving a motor vehicle. Based on a true story, the author takes you through the order of events immediately following an accident all the way to settling multiple claims and lawsuits (property damage, personal injury damages and bad faith lawsuits). At every step along the way there is a clear description of the pitfalls to avoid and opportunities on which to capitalize.
After reading this book you will be fully prepared to:
• Represent yourself throughout the process in order to maximize financial gain, or
• Know the value of your injuries and how much your claim is worth
• Select, hire, compensate and manage an attorney -- in the event you decide to hire one -- a decision this book will help you make.
• Interact with insurance companies (what not to say, what to say and when to say it).
• Work with your medical insurance company to ensure they continue to cover your medical bills.
• Select an insurance company that will honor their promise of providing insurance
The final section of the book analyzes the auto and homeowners insurance industry and exposes the fact that insurance companies are committing fraud against policyholders 22,900% more (measured in dollars) than consumers are committing fraud against insurance companies. As the most complete guide available, this book identifies the steps everyone needs to take prior to an accident to ensure the financial position of your family is protected and how to recover fair damages in the event of an accident.