(Update: after reviewing some animated entries [thanks very much!], I have decided that I prefer static images instead of animations)
I try to be very responsive - if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.
I want to release my PC game FWsim on Steam.
Steam is an online store for computer games.
For Steam, I need a "branding image". It should 512x512px. It can be animated (.GIF, 512x512px, max. 3MB), but I'm not sure whether I'll go with animated or non-animated - so all suggestions are welcome.
Please view the Steam store page here:
On that page, you can see some examples of branding images.
As you can see, people browse the store, and the branding image is what gives the first impression about a game.
The branding image should contain:
1. My existing logo, which consists of the text "fwsim", which I will provide. (You can modify that logo slightly -- see below for guidelines)
2. Some graphics from the game itself, which I will provide. You can modify these however you want, as long as the essence of the original images remains.
3. If you want, you can also add some self-designed visual elements. But at least one of the screenshots should be featured.
No further text should be added. The fact that it's about fireworks should be obvious from the visuals.
The design should convey the following:
* FWsim looks really awesome and is a lot of fun
* FWsim is very realistic, and simulates fireworks that look real.
* You can get really creative, and make fireworks with music.
* FWsim is quite sophisticated and allows you to build fairly complex effects. It's not an easy "point and click" simulator, but it's meant for the enthusiast.
The branding image that you design should look good on the Steam store page, which I linked above. Make sure it stands apart from the background.
Be aware that since it's a "branding image", slightly different design criteria apply than with usual banner ads. Look at the Steam store page I linked, to see how branding images usually look like. Make it eye-catching, but not too flashy. Avoid a clicheed "banner ad" look.
I will upload the following material for you to work with:
* My existing Logo. The logo consists of the product name "fwsim", with some stylized fireworks on top of the "i". Feel free to remove the stylized fireworks from the logo! In fact, I encourage you to remove the fireworks from the logo. You can also change the colors of the logo or add text effects, if you feel that improves your design. Feel free to use a different background color than the existing logo. But please keep the font and typography intact. The font is "Barmeno".
* A collection of screenshots from inside the game. I'm happy to generate any other screenshots you want. (e.g. if you need different-colored fireworks, or a different arrangement, or more / less brightness, or a background image to the fireworks ,let me know.)
Update Monday, 18:45 CET: Added a lot more screenshots.
Update Monday, 20:53 CET: Added some more screenshots, mostly variations of previous ones.
Update Tuesday, 9:44 CET: Added some screenshots with fireworks at the Eiffel tower. That's it, there should be enough screenshots now. But if you need some adjustments to any of the images (e.g. background image brighter, different camera position, different colors ...) just let me know.
Update Friday, 12:00 CET: Added a ZIP file with animations, in case you want to make an animated banner.